Monday, November 16, 2020

Monday of the Thirty-Third Week in Ordinary Time

Saint Gertrude the Great of Helfta (1256-1301/2)

Other saints: Saint Margaret of Scotland (1046-1093); Saint Edmund of Abingdon, Bishop (c. 1175-1240); Our Lady of the Gate of Dawn; Commemoration of All Carmelite Souls; Saint Eucherius of Lyons, Bishop (c. 449); Saint Afan, Bishop (Sixth Century); Saint Agnes of Assisi (1253); Saint Edward Osbaldeston, Martyr (1594)

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 38 The Reader for the Week

Mass: Rev 1:1-4; 2:1-5; Resp Ps 1; Lk 18:35-43

Those who are victorious I will feed from the tree of life.

HEART OF JESUS, BURNING FURNACE OF CHARITY,
HAVE MERCY ON US.

May Jesus say to each one of us, as He did to the blind man: Have sight; your faith has saved you (Lk 18:42). May we, in all we do and say today, follow Our Lord Jesus Christ and give glory to God (Lk 18:43). I believe, help my unbelief. A prayer comes from Saint Gertrude the Great of Helfta. 

Make me
great in faith,
rejoicing in hope,
patient in tribulation,
delighting in your praise,
fervent in spirit,
faithfully serving you, Lord God, my true king, and persevering vigilantly with you to the very end of my life. Thus, what I now believe in hope, I may gladly see with my eyes in reality. Let me see you as you are; let me see you face to face. There, dear Jesus, satiate me with yourself; there, in the fruition of you mellifluous countenance, let there be rest for me forever.
Amen. Amen. Amen.
(Spiritual Exercises of Gertrud the Great of Helfta, I, 225-232)

SAINT GERTRUDE THE GREAT OF HELFTA,
PRAY FOR US.

© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment