Thursday, November 12, 2020

Thursday of the Thirty-Second Week in Ordinary Time

Saint Josaphat (c. 1580-1623)

Other saints: Saint Nilus the Elder (c. 430); Saint Emilian Cucullatus (574); Saint Machar, Bishop (Sixth Century); Saint Cunibert, Abbot (c. 665); Saint Lebuin (c. 773); Saint Benedict and Companions, Martyrs (1003); Bd Rainerius of Arezzo (1304); Bd John della Pace (c. 1332); Bd Gabriel of Ancona (1456); Saint Didacus (c. 1400-63)

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 35:1-11 Kitchen Servers of the Week

Mass: Philemon 7-20; Resp Ps 146; Lk 17:20-25

The Lord will reign forever.

JESUS, STRENGTH OF MARYTRS,
HAVE MERCY ON US.

It is early and the last line from today's first reading rings loud and clear: "Refresh my heart in Christ" (Philemon 7:20). And I hear the psalmist's song: "My heart is ready, O God; I will sing, sing your praise. Awake my soul; awake lyre and harp, I will awake the dawn" (Ps 107:2-3). Are you ready for the day, or the rest of the day as the case may be? Behold, says Jesus in today's Gospel, the Kingdom of God is among you (Lk 17:21). Yes, the Kingdom of God is among, or within you. May we bear witness to the Kingdom of God and be shining lights of our Christian faith. And maybe, just maybe someone might say "Look, the Kingdom of God is within her!" So, a prayer to be prayed every day, recommends Pope Francis, is this: "Lord, open my heart so that I can understand what You have taught us; so that I can remember Your words; so that I can follow Your words; so that I can come to the fullness of the truth" (Homily, Casa Santa Marta, May 22, 2017). I am the vine, you are the branches, says the Lord; whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit. Alleluia. 

SAINT JOSAPHAT,
PRAY FOR US.

© Gertrude Feick

No comments:

Post a Comment