Saturday, November 17, 2018

Saint Elizabeth of Hungary (1207-1231); Saint Hilda of Whitby (614-680)

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 39 The Proper Amount of Food  
Mass: 3 Jn 5-8; Resp Ps 112; Lk 18:1-8


Pray always without becoming weary.

Using the widow in today's Gospel as an example, keep 'bothering' Jesus.  

I love the Lord, who listened to my voice in supplication.
(Ps 116:1)

Lord, hear my prayer; in your faithfulness listen to my pleading; answer me in your justice.
(Ps 143:1)

Do not follow Jesus only when you feel like it, rather seek Him every day. Find in Him the God who loves you always, the meaning of your life, the strength to give of yourself.
(Pope Francis, Twitter, November 16, 2018)

ST ELIZABETH OF HUNGARY, ST HILDA OF WHITBY,
PRAY FOR US. 

NB. Today's photo is a favorite of mine from my picture postcard collection, posted previously; fitting for today. Nicolaes Maes (1634-1693), Old Woman in Prayer, known as 'Prayer without End'. Notice the cat giving the table cloth a tug. 

No comments:

Post a Comment