Thursday, December 29, 2022

Fifth Day within the Octave of the Nativity of the Lord

The Month of December Dedicated to Advent and the Coming of Christ

Saint: Saint Thomas Becket, Bishop, Martyr (1118-1170)

Readings of the Day

Rule of Saint Benedict: Ch 71 Mutual Obedience

Mass: 1 Jn 2:3-11; Resp Ps 96; Lk 2:22-35

Announce His salvation day after day.

MARY, QUEEN OF PEACE,
MARY, QUEEN OF MARTYRS, 
PRAY FOR US.

Whoever loves his brother remains in the light, and there is nothing in him to cause a fall.
(1 Jn 2:10)

We continue to pray for Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI in these difficult hours, that the Lord may console him and sustain him in the witness of love until the very end. On the subjects of the Pope Emeritus, his witness of love, and Saint John, the beloved disciple who was all about love, I include once again words from Pope Benedict XVI in his Encyclical Letter Deus caritas est (18). 

Love of neighbor is shown to be possible in the way proclaimed by the Bible, by Jesus. It consists in the very fact that, in God and with God, I love even the person I do not like or do not even know. This can only take place on the basis of an intimate encounter with God, an encounter which has become a communion of will, even affecting my feelings. Then I learn to look on this other person not simply with my eyes and my feelings, but from the perspective of Jesus Christ. His friend is my friend. Going beyond exterior appearance, I perceive in others an interior desire for a sign of love, of concern ... Seeing with the eyes of Christ, I can give to others much more than their outward necessities; I can give them the look of love which they crave.

SAINT THOMAS BECKET,
SAINT THOMAS MORE,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: Our 2022 creche. Bless the work of our hands. Praise and grandeur are in His sanctuary.

© Gertrude Feick 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment