Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Wednesday of the Twelfth Week in Ordinary Time

Year of Saint Joseph

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love"

Saints: Saint Etheldreda (-679); Saint Thomas Garnet (1575-1607)

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 18:7-11

Mass: Gn 15:1-12, 17-18; Resp Ps 105; Mt 7:15-20

Glory in God's holy name.

REMAIN IN ME, AS I REMAIN IN YOU, SAYS THE LORD;
WHOEVER REMAINS IN ME WILL BEAR MUCH FRUIT.
ALLELUIA.
(Gospel versicle, Mass)

By their fruits you will know them (Mt 7:20), says the Lord. 

You will not see anyone who is really striving after his advancement who is not given to spiritual reading, and to him who neglects it, the fact will soon be observed in his progress.
(Saint Athanasius, 296-373)

Sanctify yourself and you will sanctify society.
(Saint Francis of Assisi, 1181-1226)

I feel a longing and a need to be a saint. I did not know it was so easy to be one, but now I see that one can be holy and happy too. I feel I simply must be a saint.
(Saint Dominic Savio, 1842-1857)

You cannot be half a saint. You must be a whole saint or no saint at all.
(Saint Therese of Lisieux, 1873-1897)

The path of evangelization does not always depend on our will and plans, but requires a willingness to allow ourselves to be shaped and to follow other paths that were not foreseen.
(Pope Francis, General Audience, June 23, 2021)

SAINT ETHELDREDA,
SAINT THOMAS GARNET,
SAINT JOSEPH,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: From a home in Garberville, CA, one I walk past when I am in town. I like to see what kind of beauty grows there. The colors here I find especially appealing.

© Gertrude Feick 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment