Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Tuesday within the Octave of Easter

Year of Saint Joseph

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love"

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 54 Letters or Gifts for the Monks

Mass: Acts 2:36-41; Resp Ps 33; Jn 20:11-18

The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord.

IF YOU HAVE RISEN WITH CHRIST, SEEK THE THINGS THAT ARE ABOVE, WHERE CHRIST IS SEATED AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD; MIND THE THINGS THAT ARE ABOVE, ALLELUIA.
(Communion Antiphon, Mass)

One of my favorite lines in the Gospels comes today. It is after Mary Magdalene's encounter with Jesus at the tomb, after Our Lord had risen from the dead: I have seen the Lord (Jn 20:18). Be alert for the Risen Lord is everywhere! And He is calling you by name. 

I sought him whom my heart loves-I sought him but did not find him. The watchmen came upon me, as they made their rounds of the city: Have you seen him whom my heart loves? I had hardly left them when I found him whom my heart loves. I took hold of him and would not let him go.
(Song of Songs 3:1, 3-4a)

SAINT JOSEPH,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: Yesterday I found myself once again in Eureka in a particular parking lot that has beautiful and varied shrubbery and flowers. 

© Gertrude Feick 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment