Saturday, April 17, 2021

Saturday of the Second Week of Easter

Year of Saint Joseph

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love" 

Other saints: Saint Donan, Martyr, Patron Saint of Eigg (7th century); Bl Baptist Spagnoli of Mantua (1447-1516); Bl Clara Gambacorta OP, Dominican nun and widow (1362-1419); Bl Maria Mancini OP, Dominican nun and widow (-1431)

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 62 The Priests of the Monastery

Mass: Acts 6:1-17; Resp Ps 33; Jn 6:16-21

Lord, let your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in you.

MARY, LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS,
PRAY FOR US.

It is true that in today's Gospel passage, the disciples were not so much afraid of the turbulent sea and strong wind as they were when they saw Jesus walking on the sea and coming near their boat (Jn 6:18-19). Oh no, let us not be afraid of Jesus as He says: It is I. Do not be afraid (Jn 6:20). Like the disciples. we may want to take Jesus into our boat (Jn 6:21). Then we realize that He is already there. I keep the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad and my soul rejoices; my body also dwells secure (Ps 16:8-10). 

About one of the saints of the day, Saint Donan, the patron saint of Eigg, you might investigate the Isle of Eigg. I found a segment on 60 Minutes Overtime from September 26, 2017. What a fascinating place. 

SAINT DONAN,
BLESSED BAPTIST SPANOLI OF MANTUA,
BLESSED CLARA GAMBACORTA,
BLESSED MARIA MANCINI,
SAINT JOSEPH,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: Another discovery in Eureka. 

© Gertrude Feick 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment