Tuesday, December 22, 2020

December 22

Year of Saint Joseph

Other saints: Saint Francis Xavier Cabrini, Foundress (1850-1917); SS Chaerymon, Bishop, Ischyrion, and Others, Martyrs (250); Saint Jutta of Diessenberg (1136); Bd Adam of Loccum (1210)

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 65:1-10 The Prior of the Monastery

Mass: 1 Sm 1:24-28; Resp Ps (1 Sm 2); Lk 1:46-56

My heart exults in the Lord, my Savior.

O King of the nations and their Desire, the Cornerstone who binds two into one: come and save mankind, whom you fashioned from clay.
(Traditional O Antiphon)

We sang this morning with Psalm 116: How can I repay the Lord for His goodness to me? "All is gift", as friend of happy memory used to remind me all the time. Dear Hannah the mother of Samuel in our first reading would surely agree, as would Mary, the Mother of Our Lord. Why not join both in praising our God, the giver of all good things, today. My heart exults in the Lord, my horn is exalted in my God ... (1 Sm 2:1-10). My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord; my spirit rejoices in God my savior ... (Lk 1:46-55). To God our praise is due. O King of the nations and their Desire ... come.

SAINT JOSEPH,
PRAY FOR US.

© Gertrude Feick 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment