Friday, October 6, 2017

SAINT BRUNO (c. 1032-1101); BLESSED MARIE ROSE DUROCHER (1811-1849)
FIRST FRIDAY OF THE MONTH

Readings of the day: RB 7:55
Mass: Baruch 1:15-22; Resp. Psalm 79; Luke 10:13-16

I was struck this morning during Vigils with Psalm 79(80) which also serves as today’s Responsorial Psalm. Maybe it was a wake-up call. My first thought was of the tax collector who raised his eyes to heaven, beat his breast and prayed: “O God, be merciful to me a sinner.” Then I went to the Psalm:

Do not hold past iniquities against us;
may your compassion come quickly,
for we have been brought very low.
Help us, God our savior for the glory of your name,
Deliver us, pardon our sins for your name’s sake.


Living and true God, if today I hear YOUR voice, harden not my heart.
Grant me the grace to heed your voice, ask for forgiveness,
and embrace your merciful love and compassion.


Those who keep God’s word with a good and perfect heart patiently bear fruit.
(Communion Antiphon, Mass)



SAINT BRUNO
BLESSED MARIE ROSE DUROCHER,
PRAY FOR US.

No comments:

Post a Comment