Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Wednesday of the Twentieth Week in Ordinary Time

Saint: Blessed Angelus Mazzinghi (c. 1386-1438)

Readings of the Day

Rule of Saint Benedict: Ch 62 The Priests of the Monastery

Mass: Ezk 34:1-11; Resp Ps 23; Mt 20:1-16

Only goodness and kindness will follow me.

MARY, QUEEN OF PEACE,
HEART OF MARY, FASTENED TO THE CROSS WITH JESUS CRUCIFIED,
PRAY FOR US.

Hear the word of the Lord ...
I myself will look after and tend my sheep.
(Ezk 34:7, 11)

As Jesus, the True Shepherd looks after His sheep, it is of His concern who gets this, and who gets that. There is no need for us to harbor envy or jealousy over what others receive from Him. We are grateful, take what is ours, and go (Mt 20:14). The Lord is my shepherd, there is nothing I shall want ... And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord for years to come.

Everyone has his own gift from God, one this and another that.
(1 Cor 7:7)

BLESSED ANGELUS MAZZINGHI,
PRAY FOR US.

NB. I am sorry that I was a bit mixed up with the daily readings from the Holy Rule of Saint Benedict, getting ahead of myself with yesterday's quotation from the chapter on community rank. Things should be in order now. By the grace of God go I.😕

Today's photo: It so happens that I was gifted with a visit to Saint Bernard Catholic Parish in Eureka, CA. Not only will the visitor find hospitable people and a beautiful church, the visitor will also find the grounds loaded with magnificent flowers. In preparation for Saturday's commemoration to Saint Bernard of Clairvaux, we begin today with a few things that can be found on the parish grounds. He guides me in right paths.

© Gertrude Feick 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment