Thursday, August 11, 2022

Thursday of the Nineteenth Week in Ordinary Time

Saint: Saint Clare, Virgin (1193/4-1253)

Readings of the Day

Rule of Saint Benedict: Ch 58:1-16 The Procedure for Receiving Brothers

Mass: Ezk 12:1-12; Resp Ps 78; Mt 18:21-19:1

Do not forget the works of the Lord.

MARY, QUEEN OF PEACE,
HEART OF MARY, IMMACULATE FROM THY CREATION.

The concern must be whether the novice truly seeks God.
(Rule of Saint Benedict, 58:7)

We are blessed today that we turn to Saint Clare of Assisi for inspiration and intercession. May she help us forgive not seven times by seventy-seven times (Mt 18:22). We pray too in the words of Poor Clare Mother Angelica (1923-2016), "Give me hope, Lord Father, to trust in your forgiveness, and let me always give my neighbor the benefit of the doubt so I may forgive him from my heart."

For God is the splendor of eternal glory, 
the brightness of eternal light, and the mirror without cloud ...
In this mirror blessed poverty, holy humility and ineffable love are reflected. With the grace of God the whole mirror will be your source of contemplation.
(From a letter to Blessed Agnes of Prague by Saint Clare, virgin, in Office of Readings, August 11)

Though my flesh and my heart may fail,
-God is my strength and my portion forever.
(Responsory, Office of Readings)

SAINT CLARE OF ASSISI,
SAINT FRANCIS OF ASSISI,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: I like this. 😊

© Gertrude Feick 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment