Thursday, March 17, 2022

Thursday of the Second Week of Lent

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love"

Saint: Saint Patrick, Bishop, Patron Saint of Ireland (385-461)

Readings of the Day

Rule of Saint Benedict: Ch 38 The Reader for the Week

Mass:  Jer 17:5-10; Resp Ps 1; Lk 16:19-31

Blessed are they who hope in the Lord.

MARY, QUEEN OF PEACE,
PRAY FOR US.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day! Let not our hearts turn away from the Lord (Jer 17:5), oh, blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose hope is in the Lord (Jer 17:7). Saint Patrick certainly hung in there despite many hardships, trials, and opposition.

I give unceasing thanks to my God, who kept me faithful in the day of my testing. Today I can offer Him sacrifice with confidence, giving myself as a living victim to Christ, my Lord; who kept me safe through all my trials. I can now say: Who am I, Lord, and what is my calling, that your worked through me with such divine power?
(From the confession of Saint Patrick, bishop, in Office of Readings, March 17)

The following was passed on to me from my Irish Great Aunt Mary of happy memory. 

May those who love us love us.
And those who don't love us may God turn their hearts.
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
may He turn their ankles,
so we know them by their limping. 

SAINT PATRICK,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: How can you not have hope when you see this precious little leprechaun. Meet the newest addition to the family, here my grandnephew. Let the little children come to me, says the Lord. 

© Gertrude Feick 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment