Saturday, March 26, 2022

Saturday of the Third Week of Lent

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love"

Readings of the Day

Rule of Saint Benedict: Ch 46 Faults Committed in Other Matters

Mass: Hosea 6:1-6; Resp Ps 51; Lk 18:9-14

It is mercy I desire, and not sacrifice.

MARY, QUEEN OF PEACE,
PRAY FOR US.

Let us strive to know the Lord.
(Hosea 6:3)

Yesterday, and for some time now, I have been grateful for a prayer given to us by the Church, one that may be used during the Penitential Act at Mass, namely, the Confiteor. It is a powerful prayer, one that penetrates the depths both spiritual and physical. For not only do we pray with words, we have opportunity to strike our breast, just like the tax collector in today's Gospel, the one who would not even raise his eyes to heaven, who beat his breast and prayed, "O God, be merciful to me a sinner" (Lk 18:13). 

I confess to almighty God
and to you, my brothers and sisters,
that I have greatly sinned,
in my thoughts and in my words,
in what I have done and in what I have failed to do,
through my fault, through my fault,
through my most grievous fault;
therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin,
all the Angels and Saints,
and you, my brothers and sisters,
to pray for me to the Lord our God.

Reach out to the Lord today. Be honest with yourself and with Him. His mercy and forgiveness endure forever. He loves you with an everlasting love. God does not take pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather in the conversion of the wicked, that she may live (Ezk 33:11). United in faith and prayer, we need the prayers of Mary, Mother of Mercy, all the Angels and Saints, and of each other. We go forth with Laetare Sunday coming soon. God is praised.

Jesus Christ loves you; He gave His life to save you; and now He is living at your side every day to enlighten, strengthen and free you.
(Pope Francis, Evangelii Gaudium The Joy of the Gospel, 164) 

HEART OF JESUS, PATIENT AND MOST MERCIFUL,
HEART OF JESUS, SOURCE OF ALL CONSOLATION,
HEART OF JESUS, OUR PEACE AND RECONCILIATION,
HAVE MERCY ON US.

Today's photo: What a brilliant color, from d in West Linn, OR.

© Gertrude Feick 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment