Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Wednesday of the Sixth Week in Ordinary Time

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love"

Saints: Saint Nicholas of Paglia OP (1197-1256)

Readings of the Day

Rule of Saint Benedict: Ch 13:12-14 The Celebration of Lauds on Ordinary Days

Mass: James 1:19-27; Resp Ps 15; Mk 8:22-26

Who shall live on your holy mountain, O Lord.

JESUS TOOK THE BLIND MAN BY THE HAND ...
HE LAID HIS HANDS ON THE MAN ...
THEN HE LAID HIS HANDS ON THE MAN'S EYES A SECOND TIME AND HE SAW CLEARLY.
(Mk 8:23, 25)

Dear Jesus, please don't let go of my hand.

I BET GOD

If He
let go of my hand, I would
weep so loudly,

I would petition with all my might, I would cause
so much trouble

that I bet God would come to His senses
and never do that 
again.

(From the section on Meister Eckhart, 1260-1326, a Rheinland mystic with Johannes Tauler and Jan van Ruusbroec, in D. Ladinsky, Love Poems from God: Twelve Sacred Voices from the East and the West, p. 107.) 

SAINT NICHOLAS OF PAGLIA,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: Welcome back to Switzerland. This visit we are in Saas-Fee Village in the Saastal, or the Saas Valley, in the canton of Valais. Today's contribution comes from my nephew who lives nearby with his family. Sei umarmt. 

© Gertrude Feick 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment