Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Tuesday of the Sixteenth Week in Ordinary Time

Year of Saint Joseph

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love"

Saints: Saint Apollonaris, Bishop, Martyr; Saint Elijah, Father of the Carmelites (1-2 Kings, Prophet)

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 41 The Times for Meals

Mass: Ex 14:21-15:1; Resp Ps (Ex 15); Mt 12:46-50

Let us sing to the Lord; He has covered Himself in glory.

HEART OF JESUS, ABYSS OF ALL VIRTUES,
HAVE MERCY ON US.

Jesus has this for us today: Whoever does the will of my heavenly Father is my brother, and sister, and mother (Mt 12:50). One prayer for us then can come from Psalm 139, one proclaimed at Vigils this morning. 

Search my heart, probe me, God!
Test and judge my thoughts.
Look! do I follow crooked paths?
Lead me along your ancient way.
(Ps 139:23-24)

O God, my heart is ready. Command what you will, and make me to understand your command. As you have given me the will to do it, so also give me the power.
(William of St. Thierry, 1085-1148)

We are not in our own power, but in the power of God.
(Saint Perpetua, 3rd century, on her way to martyrdom)

SAINT APOLLONARIS,
SAINT ELIJAH,
SAINT JOSEPH,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: The Jesuit padre delivers another gem. Thank you.

© Gertrude Feick 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment