Thursday, July 22, 2021

Thursday of the Sixteenth Week in Ordinary Time

Year of Saint Joseph

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love"

Saints: Saint Mary Magdalene

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 43:1-12 Tardiness at the Work of God or at Table

Mass: Songs 3:1-4b or 2 Cor 5:14-17; Resp Ps 63; Jn 20:1-2, 11-18

My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.

MARY!
(Jn 20:16)

With Mary Magdalene, keep searching for Jesus, then recognize Him. He calls you by name.

Jesus says to her: Mary. Jesus is not recognized when he calls her "woman"; so He calls her by name, as though He were saying: Recognize me as I recognize you; for I do not know you as I know others; I know you as yourself. And so Mary, once addressed by name, recognizes who is speaking. She immediately calls Him rabboni; that is to say, teacher, because the one whom she sought outwardly was the one who inwardly taught to her keep on searching.
(From a homily on the Gospels by Gregory the Great, pope, in Office of Readings, July 22)

SAINT MARY MAGDALENE,
SAINT JOSEPH,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: Here's a beauty from Hart's Cove on the Oregon coast, near Neskowin. Thanks Catherine and David.

© Gertrude Feick 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment