Friday, January 29, 2021

Friday of the Third Week in Ordinary Time

Year of Saint Joseph

National March for Life

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 7:24-30

Mass: Heb 10:32-39; Resp Ps 37; Mk 4:26-3

Take delight in the Lord, and He will grant you your heart's desire.

HEART OF JESUS, SALVATION OF THOSE WHO TRUST IN THEE,
HAVE MERCY ON US.

Some 20 years ago, shortly after I entered the monastery, I went to greet Sister Philomena of happy memory in the back garden. She looked me in the eyes and said: "I will pray for your perseverance." At that time I could not for the life of me figure out why someone would pray for my perseverance. I now better understand what she meant. As we hear in the Letter to the Hebrews, "You need great endurance to do the will of God and receive what He has promised" (Heb 10:36). We keep going though, for "we are not among those who draw back and perish, but among those who have faith and will possess life" (Heb 10:39). Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain (Ps 127:1). 

SAINT JOSEPH, GLORY OF HOME LIFE,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: Yes, another look at the sky.😊

© Gertrude Feick 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment