Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Wednesday of the Tenth Week in Ordinary Time

Saint Anthony of Padua, Doctor of the Church (d. 1231)


Readings of the day: RB 10 The Night Office in Summertime
Mass: 1 K 18:20-39; Resp Ps 16; Mt 5:17-19

THE LORD IS GOD, FOLLOW HIM.

Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge;
I say to the Lord: ‘My Lord are you.’

They multiply their sorrows
who court other gods.
Blood libations to them I will not pour out,
nor will I take their names upon my lips.

O Lord, my allotted portion and my cup,
you it is who hold fast my lot.
I set the Lord ever before me;
with him at my right hand I shall not be disturbed.

You will show me the path of life;
fullness of joys in your presence,
the delights at your right hand forever.

THE LORD IS GOD! THE LORD IS GOD!

Never tire of encountering Jesus in prayer,
in listening to the Word of God, and in receiving the Eucharist.
(Pope Francis, Twitter, June 13, 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment