Sunday, June 10, 2018

Tenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Readings of the day: RB 7:62-70
Mass: Gn 3:9-15; Resp Ps 130; 2 Co 4:13-5:1; Mk 3:20-35

Sistine Chapel, Michelangelo


So I hid myself.

I think of Adam in the garden hiding from God; hiding because he knew he had disobeyed God. Adam had eaten the forbidden fruit when quite clearly God had ordered him not to: ‘You are free to eat from any of the trees of the garden except the tree of knowledge of good and bad. From that tree you shall not eat’ (Gn 2:16). When questioned, Adam makes excuses and blames his situation on the woman, who in turn blames the serpent. My thoughts go to taking personal responsibility for my words, deeds, and actions. Instead of blaming my outer self, which in any case is wasting away, why not turn to my inner self, which is being renewed day by day. Renewed so that I conform more and more to the divine will and gain the freedom of a child of God, for I trust in the Lord; my soul trusts in his wordFor with the Lord is kindness and with him is plenteous redemption!

May your healing work, O Lord, free us, we pray,
from doing evil and lead us to what is right.
(Prayer after Communion, Mass)

We understand that of ourselves we are nothing.
That’s why we admit our entire being comes from God.
(St Catherine of Siena)

WHOEVER DOES THE WILL OF GOD IS
MY BROTHER AND SISTER AND MOTHER.


No comments:

Post a Comment