Monday, September 27, 2021

Monday of the Twenty-Sixth Week in Ordinary Time

Year of Saint Joseph

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love"

Saint: Saint Vincent de Paul (1581-1660)

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 7:10-18 Humility

Mass: Zechariah 8:1-8; Resp Ps 102; Lk 9:46-50

Learn from me for I am gentle and humble of heart.

In today's Gospel Jesus takes a child and places it by His side. Then Our Lord says to the disciples, Whoever receives this child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me receives the one who sent me. For the one who is least among all of you is the one who is greatest (Lk 9:48). All one needs to do is take a look at the child in this photo and see why Jesus placed a child at His side. Let the children come to me and do not prevent them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these (Lk 18:16). May we be so gentle and humble of heart. 

The first step of humility is to cherish at all times the sense of awe with which we should ever turn to God
(Rule of Saint Benedict, 7:10)

Humility Revisited
by Christine Rodgers

Forgive 
my stubborn
insistence 
on self

that great
insolence 
in me.

Help me
understand

that You will
bring
all things to good.

SAINT VINCENT DE PAUL,
SAINT JOSEPH,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: My grandniece, Miss Vivian James, just turned three.

© Gertrude Feick 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment