Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Tuesday of the Eighteenth Week in Ordinary Time

Year of Saint Joseph

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love"

National Back to School Month

Saints: Saint Germanus Auxerre (c.378-448); Saint Oswald (c.604-642); Saint Ethelwold (-984)

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 52 The Oratory of the Monastery

Mass: Nb 12:1-13; Resp Ps 51; Mt 14:22-36

A clean heart create for me, O God.

JESUS, OUR REFUGE,
HAVE MERCY ON US.

It is likely that there are times when we find ourselves with Saint Peter in today's Gospel. Our faith weakens. We doubt. It is at these times, in the midst of difficult or overwhelming circumstances, that we too can cry out: "Lord, save me!" (Mt 14:30). Jesus speaks: Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid (Mt 14:27).

I will not mistrust [God], though I shall feel myself weakening and on the verge of being overcome with fear ... I trust He shall place His holy hand on me and in the stormy seas hold me up from drowning.
(Saint Thomas More, 1478-1535)

When did it ever happen that a man had confidence in God and was lost?
(Saint Alphonsus Liguori, 1698-1787)

Go ahead! Courage! In the spiritual life he who does not go forward goes backward. It is the same with a boat which must always go forward. It it stands still, the wind will blow it back.
(Saint Padre Pio, 1887-1968)

SAINT GERMANUS AUXERRE,
SAINT OSWALD,
SAINT ETHELWOLD,
SAINT JOSEPH,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: A redwood lily at Redwoods.

© Gertrude Feick 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment