Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Tuesday of the Seventh Week of Easter

Year of Saint Joseph

Year of the Family "Amoris Laetitia The Joy of Love"

Month of May Dedicated to Our Lady and a “Marathon” of Prayer to End the Pandemic 

Other saints: Pope Saint John I (-526)

Readings of the Day

RB: Ch 3:7-13

Mass: Acts 20:17-27; Resp Ps 68; Jn 17:1-11a

Blessed day by day be the Lord.

I PRAY FOR THEM. I DO NOT PRAY FOR THE WORLD BUT FOR THE ONES YOU HAVE GIVEN ME, BECAUSE THEY ARE YOURS, AND EVERYTHING OF MINE IS YOURS AND EVERYTHING OF YOURS IS MINE, AND I HAVE BEEN GLORIFIED IN THEM. 
(Jn 17:9-10)

On these days leading to Pentecost and the coming of the Holy Spirit, we continue to join the disciples, some women, Mary the mother of Jesus, and his brothers, and pray. On the subject of prayer, then, I turned to more from our tradition in The Sayings of the Desert Fathers. In the early days of monasticism, "a brother said to Abba Anthony, 'Pray for me.' The old man said to him, 'I will have no mercy upon you, nor will God have any, if you yourself do not make an effort and if you do not pray to God.'"

Pray without ceasing.
May the Lord send forth the Spirit and renew the face of the earth!
Come, Holy Spirit, come.

POPE SAINT JOHN I,
SAINT JOSEPH,
MARY, MOTHER OF MERCY,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: More from Whitethorn School.

© Gertrude Feick 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment