Friday, April 27, 2018

Friday of the Fourth Week of Easter

Readings of the day: RB 69 The Presumption of Defending Another in the Monastery
Mass: Ac 13:26-33; Resp Ps 2; Jn 14:1-6



DO NOT LET YOUR HEARTS BE TROUBLED.
YOU HAVE FAITH IN GOD; HAVE FAITH IN ME ALSO.

A Christian is one who lives completely out of himself in Christ—he lives in the faith of his Redemption, in the love of his Redeemer, loving us for whom He died. He lives, above all, in the hope of a world to come.
(Thomas Merton, Thoughts in Solitude, p. 38)

NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME.

Let my trust be in Your mercy, not in myself. Let my hope be in Your love, not in health, or strength, or ability or human resources.
If I trust You, everything else will become, for me, strength, health, and support. Everything will bring me to heaven. If I do not trust You, everything will be my destruction.
(Merton, p. 39)

When we are open to God’s grace, even the impossible becomes possible.
(Pope Francis, Twitter, April 27, 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment