Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Tuesday of the Thirty-Fourth, or Last, Week in Ordinary Time

Readings of the day: RB 48:10-21
Mass: Daniel 2:31-45; Resp. Psalm (Dn 3); Luke 21:5-11



In today’s reading from the Rule, St Benedict speaks of the custom of reading an entire book straight through during the season of Lent (RB 48:15-16). Some years ago, I added the practice of reading a book straight through during the season of Advent. I have benefitted from, first, choosing something manageable, and second, choosing a book from the Bible. I’ve not yet decided what to begin this First Sunday of Advent. Thankfully I have a few days to ponder. 

I am the light of the world, says the Lord;
whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.
(Communion Antiphon, Mass)

No comments:

Post a Comment