Saturday, September 16, 2017

SAINTS CORNELIUS AND CYPRIAN

Readings of the day: RB 3:1-6
Mass: 1 Timothy 1:15-17; Psalm 113; Luke 6:43-49

In Saint Paul’s First Letter to Timothy we hear some most comforting words; as Paul puts it, a saying that is “trustworthy and deserves full acceptance,” namely, “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners.” With Saint Paul, I run to the front of the line, jumping up and down: “Of these I am the foremost!”


Merciful God, grant me the grace to build my house on your Word. Help me to bear good fruit; help me to be a good example for those who come to believe in you. Today I pray for the fruit of patience; to be more patient with myself so I can display your patience, mercy, and compassion to others.



Is there one person in your life with whom you could be more patient, merciful, and compassionate? Why not reach out to him or her, today.

SAINTS CORNELIUS AND CYPRIAN, PRAY FOR US.

No comments:

Post a Comment