Friday, December 2, 2022

Friday of the First Week of Advent

The Month of December Dedicated to Advent and the Coming of Christ

First Friday of the Month

Saint: Saint Bibiana, Virgin and Early Christian Martyr 

Readings of the Day

Rule of Saint Benedict: Ch 51 Brothers on a Short Journey

Mass: Is 29:17-24; Resp Ps 27; Mt 9:29-31

To dwell in the house of the Lord.

MARY, QUEEN OF PEACE,
OUR LADY OF VAILANKANNI,
SAINT MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL.

Those who err in spirit shall acquire understanding, 
and those who find fault shall receive instruction.
(Is 29:24)

I am sorry, dear faithful readers, for getting a little ahead of myself yesterday, mixed up once again.  Today is the First Friday of the Month so we just go straight to the Heart of Jesus once again. Heart of Jesus, source of all love and compassion, have mercy on us. Marana tha! Come, Lord Jesus.

Since yesterday, though, I have been wondering if I really believe that Jesus can heal whatever blinds me, some things known to me, others not. The blind men in today's Gospel believed. As Jesus says, Let it be done for you according to your faith (Mt 9:29). I believe, Lord, help my unbelief. United in faith and prayer, may our eyes be opened. 

Lord, my God, teach my heart where and how to seek you, where and how to find you ...
Teach me to seek you, and when I seek you show yourself to me, for I cannot seek you unless you teach me, nor can I find you unless you show yourself to me. Let me seek you in desiring you, find you in loving you and love you in finding you.
(From the Proslogion by Saint Anselm, bishop, in Office of Readings, First Week of Advent, Friday)

SAINT BIBIANA,
SAINT MARY ELIZABETH HESSELBLAD,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: This is the awesome Chapel of the Holy Cross in Sedona, Arizona, the Grand Canyon State. My sister-in-law, dear TAF, was there some weeks ago and sent this photo. And gift for me was that she not only sent a couple photos, but dear Teresa Ann also lit a candle for me! As I sit here this morning I wonder if it still burns. All the days of my life. Saint Teresa of Avila, pray for us.

© Gertrude Feick 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment