Sunday, February 7, 2021

Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Year of Saint Joseph

Readings of the Day

RB 7:59

Mass: Job 7:1-4, 6-7; Resp Ps 147; 1 Cor 9:16-19, 22-23; Mk 1:29-39 

Praise the Lord, for He is good; sing praise to our God for He is gracious.

CHRIST TOOK AWAY OUR INFIRMITIES AND BORE OUR DISEASES.
ALLELUIA, ALLELUIA. 
(Gospel versicle, Mass)

There are days, and periods of time, when we find ourselves lamenting like poor Job in our first reading: Oh, "I have been assigned months of misery, and troubled nights have been allotted me ... the night drags on; I am filled with restlessness" (Jb 7:3-4). We lose hope, especially during these difficult times. I hear over and over again from folks, "when will things be back to normal?" Ah, this is when I think of dear Sister Mary Blanche of happy memory, whose response to "How are you?" would be, "I am doing pretty well in the situation I find myself." Hers was a good approach to the daily, take it as it is and make the best of it. And most importantly, keep seeking Jesus, the Divine Physician, and ask Him to help you. With whatever ails you, go to the Lord. He will grasp your hand and help you up according to His will. Praise the Lord, who heals the brokenhearted (Ps 147). 

SAINT JOSEPH, HOPE OF THE SICK,
PRAY FOR US.

Today's photo: A look at a clear day and what we have been blessed with these days. 

© Gertrude Feick 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment