Saturday, April 21, 2018

Saturday of the Third Week of Easter

Saint Anselm, Bishop and Doctor (1033-1109)
 
St Anselm of Canterbury


Readings of the day: RB 64:7-22
Mass: Ac 9:31-42; Resp Ps 116; Jn 6:60-69

THEY TURNED TO THE LORD.
MANY CAME TO BELIEVE IN THE LORD.

O God, let me know you and love you so that I may find my joy in you; and if I cannot do so fully in this life, let me at least make some progress every day, until at last that knowledge, love and joy come to me in all their plentitude. While I am here on earth let me learn to love you better, so that in heaven I may know you fully; let my love for you grow deeper here, so that there I may love you fully. On earth then I shall have great joy in hope, and in heaven complete joy in fulfillment of my hope.
(St Anselm)

MASTER, TO WHOM SHALL WE GO?


No comments:

Post a Comment