Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Tuesday of the Thirteenth Week in Ordinary Time

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 25 Serious Faults
Mass: Gn 19:15-29; Resp Ps 26; Mt 8:23-27


My foot stands on level ground; in the assemblies I will bless the Lord.

HEART OF JESUS, ENRICHING ALL WHO INVOKE YOU,
HAVE MERCY ON US.

In whatever boat of violent storms or waves we may find ourselves, we plead with the disciples: "Lord, save us, we are perishing!" Or sing with the psalmist: "Save me, God, for the waters have reached my neck (Ps 69:1). Once again, our Lord encounters us with a question: "Why are you terrified, O you of little faith?

I TRUST IN THE LORD; MY SOUL TRUSTS IN HIS WORD.
(Gospel Acclamation, Mass)

In danger I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free.
The Lord is with me; I am not afraid; what can mortals do against me?
The Lord is with me as my helper; I shall look in triumph on my foes.
Better to take refuge in the Lord than to put one's trust in mortals.
Better to take refuge in the Lord than to put one's trust in princes.
(Ps 118:5-9)

Today's photo: Our Lady of New Clairvaux Abbey, today is the first anniversary of the dedication of the Abbey Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment