Thursday, July 18, 2019

Thursday of the Fifteenth Week in Ordinary Time

Saint Camillus de Lellis, patron of nurses (1550-1614)

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 39 The Proper Amount of Food 
Mass: Ex 3:13-30; Resp Ps 105; Mt 11:28-30



Give thanks to the Lord, invoke his name; make known among the nations his deeds.

I can think of few words more comforting than those of Our Lord in today's Gospel: Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am meek and humble of heart and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy and my burden light.

CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD AND WE SHALL BE SAVED.

We pray especially for my sister Vicki and her colleagues at the Shriners Hospitals for Children - Northern California, and all nurses, may St Camillus de Lellis, patron of nurses, intercede for them.

SAINT CAMILLUS DE LELLIS, PRAY FOR US.

No comments:

Post a Comment