Thursday, May 9, 2019

Thursday of the Third Week of Easter

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 1:1-5 The Kinds of Monks
Mass: Acts 8:26-40; Resp Ps 66; Jn 6:44-51


Hear now, all you who fear God, while I declare what he has done for me.

I find the enthusiasm and openness of Philip and the Ethiopian eunuch both appealing and motivating. Today's passage from the Acts of the Apostles presents us Philip, alert, ready to listen, act upon the voice of the Holy Spirit, and proclaim Jesus by word and deed; the Ethiopian, curious, open to a stranger, questioning, and willing to learn. May our hearts and minds be so eager and open to listen to the voice of the Lord and learn. Make known to me your ways, Lord; teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my savior (Ps 25:4-5).

THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT BY GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment