Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Tuesday of the Seventh Week in Ordinary Time

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 20 Reverence in Prayer 
Mass: Si 2:1-11; Resp Ps 37; Mk 9:30-37



Whoever receives one child such as this in my name, receives me; and whoever receives me, receives not me but the One who sent me. 

'Commit your life to the Lord, and he will help you', sings the psalmist. Is there one way in which you might re-commit or more deeply commit your life to the Lord today? There is no need to worry or be afraid: Trust God and God will help you; trust in him, and he will direct your way … Compassionate and merciful is the Lord; he forgives sins, he saves in time of trouble and he is a protector to all who seek him in truth (Si 2:6, 11).

I will recount all your wonders, I will rejoice in you and be glad, and sing psalms to your name, O Most High.
(Communion Antiphon, Mass)

How important to lay our petitions before the Lord God of all things with the utmost humility and sincere devotion. We must know that God regards our purity of heart and tears of compunction, not our many words. 
(RB 20:2-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment