Friday, November 2, 2018

The Commemoration of All the Faithful Departed (All Souls' Day); First Friday of the Month

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 26 Unauthorized Association with the Excommunicated
Mass: Ws 3:1-9; Resp Ps 23; Rm 5:5-11 or Rm 6:3-9; Jn 6:37-40


This is the will of my Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him may have eternal life, and I shall raise him on the last day.

We pray for all the faithful departed. 
Grant them eternal rest and let perpetual light shine upon them.
We also pray for ourselves and remember the words of our Holy Father St Benedict:
'Yearn for everlasting life with holy desire. Day by day remind yourself that you are going to die'
(RB 4:46-47).

The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.

For all our family members who have died: The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.

For all those people we have loved who have died: The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.

For all those who have died in pain. The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.

For all the dead who harmed or injured us: The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.

For all those who will die today with no one to love them or pray for them: The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.


Listen kindly to our prayers, O Lord, 
and, as our faith in your Son, 
raised from the dead is deepened, 
so may our hope of resurrection for your departed servants 
also find new strength.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, 
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of Holy Spirit, 
one God, for ever and ever.
(Collect, Mass)

The witness of faith of those who have gone before us, should strengthen us in the certainty that God accompanies us on the path of life, never abandoning anyone to himself, and wants us all to be holy, as he is holy.
(Pope Francis, General Audience, October 31, 2018)

Jesus made it so death does not have the last word: those who believe in Him will be transfigured by the Father's merciful love for an eternal and blessed life.
(Pope Francis, Twitter, November 2, 2018)

THE LOVE OF GOD HAS BEEN POURED INTO OUR HEARTS THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT THAT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment