Monday, November 5, 2018

Monday of the Thirty-First Week in Ordinary Time

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 29 The Readmission of Any Who Leave the Monastery
Mass: Ph 2:1-4; Resp Ps 131; Lk 14:12-14


Do not invite your friends or your brothers or sisters or your relatives or your wealthy neighbors. 

If, by the grace of God, I have reached the point in life to embrace in the depths my heart the song sung by the psalmist: 'In you, O Lord, I have found my peace. O, Lord, my heart is not proud, nor are my eyes haughty; I busy not myself with great things, nor with things too sublime for me. Nay rather, I have stilled and quieted my soul like a weaned child. Like a weaned child on its mother's lap, so is my soul within me', then I am better able to heed the words of St Paul: Do nothing out of selfishness or out of vainglory; rather, humbly regard others as more important than myself, looking out not for my own interests, but for those of others. We pray for one another this week, that the Lord will cleanse our hearts and heal the wounds caused by selfishness, jealousy, vainglory, envy, pride, and division.

COMPLETE MY JOY BY BEING OF THE SAME MIND, WITH THE SAME LOVE, UNITED IN HEARTS, THINKING ONE THING.

Jesus loves us freely. Christian life is imitating Jesus' free love.
(Pope Francis, Twitter, November 5, 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment