Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Feast of All Saints of the Benedictine Family; Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 35:12-18

Mass:
For Feast: Is 61:9-11; Resp Ps 88; Jn 15:1-8
For Ferial Day: Tt 2:1-8, 11-14; Resp Ps 37; Lk17:7-10


Listen carefully to the master's instructions, and attend to them with the of your heart.


Today's celebration of All Saints of the Benedictine Family is a new one for me since last year. Sadly, I've not much to say. Thankfully, a sister said something succinct and apt this morning at the reading of the Rule, where we concluded Ch 35, Kitchen Servers of the Week. Everything begins and ends with God.

Blessed are you, Lord God, who have helped me and comforted me.
(RB 35:16)

God, come to my assistance; Lord, make haste to help me.
(RB 35:17)

Abbey of Monte Cassino, Italy

ST BENEDICT and ALL SAINTS OF THE BENEDICTINE FAMILY, 
ST FRANCES XAVIER CABRINI,
PRAY FOR US.

No comments:

Post a Comment