Friday, October 5, 2018

Saint Faustina Kowalska (1905-1938); Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos (1819-1867); First Friday of the Month

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch. 7:51-54
Mass: Jb 38:1, 12-21; 40:3-5; Resp Ps 139; Lk 10:13-16


Guide me, Lord, along the everlasting way.

Today's responsorial psalm goes nicely with a quotation I heard the other day: 'We can't attain the presence of God because we're already totally in the presence of God. What's absent is awareness' (R. Rohr). Please join me on this First Friday in praying Psalm 139.

O Lord, you have probed me and you know me;
you know when I sit and when I stand;
you understand my thoughts from afar.
My journeys and rest you scrutinize,
with all my ways you are familiar.



Where can I go from your spirit?
From your presence where can I flee?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I sink to the nether world, you are present there.



If I take the wings of the dawn,
if I settle at the farthest limits of the sea,
Even there your hand shall guide me,
and your right hand hold me fast.



Truly you have formed my inmost being;
you knit me in my mother's womb.
I give you thanks that I am fearfully, wonderfully made;
wonderful are your works.

ST FAUSTINA KOWALSKA, BLESSED FRANCIS XAVIER SEELOS,
PRAY FOR US. 


No comments:

Post a Comment