Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Saint Denis and Companions (martyrs, middle of the third century); Saint John Leonardi (1541-1609)

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 7:60-61
Mass: Ga 1:13-24; Resp Ps 139; Lk 10:38-42



Spend time before the Lord in contemplation, and do everything possible for the Lord at the service of others. Contemplation and service: this is our path in life.

The Holy Father continues in his homily this morning at Casa Santa Marta: Each one of us can think to ourselves, ‘How much time each day do I give to contemplating the mystery of Jesus?’ And then, ‘How do I work? Do I work so much that there seems to be an alienation? Or is my work consistent with my faith, work as a service that comes from the Gospel?’ We would do well to consider this.


BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO HEAR THE WORD OF GOD AND OBSERVE IT.
Alleluia.

There is need of only one thing.
(Lk 10:42)

SAINT DENIS AND COMPANIONS; SAINT JOHN LEONARDI,
PRAY FOR US.


No comments:

Post a Comment