Monday, October 29, 2018

Monday of the Thirtieth Week in Ordinary Time

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 22 Sleeping Arrangements for the Community
Mass: Ep 4:32-5:8; Resp Ps 1 (Ep 5:1); Lk 13:10-17


Live as children of light.

I think about the woman in today's Gospel, she, crippled for 18 years, bent over and unable to stand erect. And I'm worried about my posture. Kyrie eleison. Living and true God, please free us from whatever binds us.

The eyes of the Lord are upon those who love him; he is their mighty shield and strong support, A shelter from the heat, a shade from the noonday sun, a guard against stumbling, a help against falling. He buoys up the spirits, brings a sparkle to the eyes, gives health and life and blessing.
(Si 34:16-17)

O Truth, Truth, through the glory and splendor of your face, do not conceal it from me, 
but shine its rays on me, so that in its light I may see light, namely, that my face be open to You and Yours to me.
(William of St Thierry)


No comments:

Post a Comment