Monday, July 23, 2018

Walk humbly

Monday of the Sixteenth Week in Ordinary Time
Saint Bridget of Sweden (d. 1373): Patron Saint of Europe with St Benedict, Sts Cyril and Methodius, St Catherine of Siena, Saint Teresa Benedicta of the Cross

Readings of the Day
RB: Ch 44:13-19
Mass: Mi 6:1-4, 6-8; Resp Ps 50; Mt 12:38-42


You have been told, O man, what is good, and what the Lord requires of you:
Only to do the right and love goodness, and to walk humbly with your God.

May St Bridget intercede for us as we pray with 'Prayers of St Bridget':

Lord, show me your way and make me willing to follow it.

Lord God, for whom nothing is impossible, who can do everything, give me the power to do good and to persevere.

Mary, Mother of Peace, Light, and Love who gave birth to the Savior on earth, ask Jesus to show me the way on my pilgrimage to eternal life.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment