Saturday, June 16, 2018

Saturday of the Tenth Week in Ordinary Time

Blessed Virgin Mary
Saint Lutgardis of Aywières (1182-1246)

Monastic Profession of Sr Karen
Readings of the day: RB 13:1-11 Lauds on Ordinary Days
Mass: 1 K 19:19-21; Resp Ps 16; Mt 5:33-37

Let your ‘Yes’ mean ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No’ mean ‘No.’

With every ‘Yes’ in life comes a list of ten ‘Nos’. Whether one’s ‘Yes’ comes in the form of profession in a religious community, marriage, raising a family, taking a particular job or responsibility, or agreeing to serve or assist another in some way, we have to say ‘No’ to things that may on any particular day or occasion sound more interesting, appealing, or ‘fun’. The grass is not always greener.

Then Elisha left and followed Elijah as his attendant.

God is the meditation of my heart and my inheritance, that I await, long for and delight in. God is the objective I have set myself, the whole reason for my efforts…God is both the reason and reward of all I do, my beginning and end without end.
(Isaac of Stella, 1100-1169)

No comments:

Post a Comment