Thursday, May 24, 2018

Thursday of the Seventh Week of Ordinary Time

Readings of the day: RB 5:14-19
Mass: Jm 5:1-6; Resp Ps 49; Mk 9:41-50



You have stored up treasure for the last days.
You have lived on earth in luxury and pleasure;
you have fattened your hearts for the day of slaughter.

The first thought that came to mind when reading the whole of today’s passage from the Letter of St James comes from the Book of Ecclesiastes: ‘All things are vanity!’ Questions arise: ‘What treasures, luxuries, and pleasures are impeding my search for the God who is searching for me, preventing me from doing God’s will, and keeping me from loving and serving my neighbor?

My heart is ready, O God, my heart is ready.

Today we are united in prayer with our Catholic brothers and sisters in China,
on the Feast of Our Lady Help of Christians of Sheshan.
(Pope Francis, Twitter, May 24, 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment