Thursday, March 1, 2018

Thursday of the Second Week of Lent

Readings of the day: RB 23 Faults Which Deserve Excommunication; RB 24 Different Degrees of Excommunication
Mass: Jr 17:5-10; Resp Ps 1; Lk 16:19-21


I the Lord test the mind and search the heart,
to give all according to their ways, according to the fruit of their doings.
(Jr 17:10)

The following from J. Hubbard gives cause for reflection:

I have come to understand that the state of my heart is not defined by my actions, my striving, or even my accomplishments, but by my willingness to seek the mars and scratches, by acknowledging my brokenness, and by my readiness to surrender to the only One who can make my heart anew. Our loving Father awaits me in these moments, meets me in my vulnerability, and forgives me my trespasses. Lent offers us all a time to reflect, recognize, and repent—to lean in, draw closer, and to make ready our hearts to receive the brilliance and grace which Easter morning brings.

God in His providence offers us the season of Lent each year
as a chance to return to Him with all our hearts and in every aspect of our lives.
(Pope Francis, Twitter, March 1, 2018)

LOVING AND MERCIFUL GOD,
MAY OUR HEARTS OVERFLOW WITH THE INEXPRESSIBLE
DELIGHT OF LOVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment