Monday, January 15, 2018

Monday of the Second Week in Ordinary Time: Martin Luther King Jr Day

Maur and Placid, Disciples of Benedict 
Readings of the day: RB 2:33-40
Mass: 1 Samuel 15:16-23; Resp. Psalm 50; Mark 2:18-22



The word of God is living and effective,
to discern reflections and thoughts of the heart.
ALLELUIA

Listening poses challenges. United with Samuel, we can say, ‘Speak, for your servant is listening.’ Doing what God asks of us, in full rather than in part, poses other challenges. If and when we say with the psalmist, ‘Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will’, will we be united with Saul or might there be another way?

What right have you to recite my statutes, or take my covenant on your lips?
For you hate discipline and cast my words behind you.

Those who bring thanksgiving as their sacrifice honor me;
to those who go the right way I will show the salvation of God.


FOR POPE FRANCIS DURING HIS APOSTOLIC VISIT TO CHILE AND PERU.
FOR UNITY AMONG ALL CHRISTIANS.

No comments:

Post a Comment